VideoScribe Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Transfer my account to another computer

I wonder if you might help me

Customer ref: A00072818

I am a  subscriber of Sparkol,  Video Scribe.

Let me say I love it.  I’m a Toastmaster and I use it all the time.  People love it.

Anywhooo  I have recently had to buy a new machine.  You know how that is?

I would like to know the process or instruction to allow me to load to my new computer.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Margaret Marshall

Hi,

Probably the fastest method of the old machine and new machine have the same or similar operating systems (If you are not good with computers, you may need to recruit a helper for this):

1) on the new machine, install the same version of videoscribe that you have on the old machine (do not login or make any new projects yet).

2) copy the entire "videoscribedesktop" folder from the appdata folder on your old machine to the same location in the appdata folder on your new machine (caution: if you have made any projects on the new machine, this will erase them)

3) run videoscribe and login as usual

Another method:

1) on the old machine, save all of your projects online

2) on the new machine, Download the videoscribe program and install it the same way you originally installed it on the old machine

3) on the new machine, run videoscribe and login as usual. Your projects can be found online.

A third method:

1) on the old machine, export all projects as .scribe files

2) on the new machine, Download the videoscribe program and install it the same way you originally installed it on the old machine

3) copy all of the .scribe files to the new machine
4) on the new machine, run videoscribe and login as usual. Import your .scribe files individually

Hope that helps
-Mike (videoscribe user)

Hi Mike,

Thanks for that info.  I will give it a go.

Many thanks

Margaret

Login to post a comment